Video Games

Tuesday 5 June 2012

PS3 YLOD :(


Today the unthinkable happened I got the YLOD on my ps3 with my game insideL. My PS3 is the phat 60 gig model and it is out of warranty. I tried things like unplug my ps3 and wait for a few hours or so but still no look. I didn’t want to send it back to Sony as I will lose all my saved data almost 5 years of games.





So I decided to do the job myself so I started searching the web for answers before I found this handy video









 So away I went to fix it thinking I will never get it going again, after about 2 hours of following the video and doing what I was told to do I started to put my ps3 back together again..




So the moment of truth time to power up my PS3 which to my surprise WORKED I quickly got my Fifa 12 game out J and started to get my saved files copied as I didn’t know how long the fix would last but then it crashed againL.




Back to the drawing board and looked for more answers which I found. What I didn’t know was for the fix to last longer than it did I should have used something called ’’ Lead free flux no clean’’. I then started to use the flux first  



 
After doing the fluxing  1st  then cleaned the terminal paste and reheat the board the Ps3 powered up for me again. I again started to copy my saved files as this was most important to me when this was done and the ps3 was still working  I decided to try and transfer all my data to my new PS3 slim.
The PS3 was going for 5 hours transferring almost 50 gig of data with no problems

 So as you can guess I got to keep everything including at least 60 hours of SkyrimJ.

Please follow these steps:
1.       Watch both videos first before you do anything
2.       Make sure you have these items
·         Heat Gun (temperature controlled)
·         Isopropyl Alcohol
·         Vacuum Cleaner (to clean of dust from ps3 fan)
·         Philips screw driver
·         Slotted torx bit
·         Lead free FLUX NO CLEAN
3.  Get the PS3 opened using the top video (you will have to maybe visit YouTube for other parts of the video.
4.  Then watch the second video on this page and do as he tells.
5.  Then watch all the top videos to complete the fix.
6.  MAKE SURE WHEN YOU START TO PUT THE PS3 BACK THE LITTLE RIBBON CABLE CONNECTING THE POWER/EJECT BUTTON DOES NOT GET CAUGHT BETWEEN THE Motherboard AND STEEL PLATE.
7.  If it doesn’t show red power on light u must have damaged the ribbon cable look at the cable you should see a small crack in the copper pins. This happened to me all you do is locate the break in the ribbon cable and cut 1mm from that end  that fixed it for me.

I hope this guide helps you get you PS3 data back as nobody wants to lose all that hard work.

Please if it does help you leave me a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment